Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yahoo messenger " Internet Explorer Script Error " Code 0

Yahoo messenger Internet Explorer Script Error Code: 0

Recently my Yahoo messenger crashed it gave an Internet Explorer Script Error when I'm trying to communicate with my friends. What I have received is in above image.

Line: 7
Char: 87
Error: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
Code: 0
URL: ...

Every time when I open windows within the messenger this message was appear and nothing happen by clicking "yes" or "No" options at the Error window.

By Googling couldn't find anything to resolve this but at last I resolved this after spent half of a day.

What I had done is so easy.

First I uninstalled yahoo messenger using Revo uninstaller (Freeware - 1.56MB)
Download Portable version

It is important to use uninstaller software because left over information should be deleted after normal uninstaller process.

Then go to “C:\Program Files\Yahoo!” (Yahoo messenger installation folder) and make sure your yahoo installation folder (Yahoo!) deleted. If it still available there then delete it manually.

Download newest version of Internet explorer from Microsoft and install.

Download yahoo messenger and go through the typical installation process.

Close your all windows and other instance of IE while installing process. When it comes for downloading yahoo tool bar you can terminate it if you’re not interesting with installing yahoo tool bar for browsers.

Reboot your computer before open newly installed yahoo messenger and now it should work perfectly.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I tried that and did not work..

Only thing I can think of is that I installed .net 3.0 from Microsoft Update before it started happening.

Anonymous said...

yeah same here man

Tutorial-NET said...

sometime you may go through the custom installation process thats y have you deleted the previous YM installation folder and you should uninstall it using Revo because of registry keys after that if folder still remaining remove it also. then go with the installation process and if you not successful pls let me know k thank you

Post a Comment